The North American Chemical Residue Workshop (NACRW) holds an annual meeting for scientists
particularly interested in trace level analysis of pesticides, veterinary drug residues, and other chemicals in food, animal feed, and environmental samples. The purpose of the meeting is to provide training, develop and improve technical knowledge, facilitate development and distribution of new analysis methods and techniques, and establish networking to promote professional cooperation between scientists of these interests. While the majority of attendees are from North America, important international speakers are always included in the Technical Program, and attendance of scientists from Asia, Europe, South America, Australia, and Africa is increasing annually. The meeting is expected to have approximately 400 attendees representing government, academia, and industries.
We are pleased to announce that once again NACRW will be offering student stipends where undergraduate and graduate students can apply and if chosen will receive a scholarship award and free registration for the 2023 NACRW.
• Analytical chemistry of residues including pesticides, veterinary drugs, toxins, and heavy metals in food and feed, cannabis, and environmental samples
• Sample preparation
• Analysis of foodborne pathogens
• Method development and validation
Past NACRW technical programs for appropriate topics are available here.
· Undergraduate or graduate research in the area of analysis of pesticides, veterinary drug residues, environmental and emerging contaminants in food, animal feed and environmental samples
· Student must be directly involved in the research and must submit a 250 word or less abstract describing the work using the submitter form below.
· Abstract submission will be open until April 21, 2023.
· Abstracts will be reviewed and judged by the Student Outreach Committee
· Students chosen for the award will be notified on or before May 19, 2023
· Students awarded the stipend must participate in the NACRW 2023 conference with a 5-minute
pre-recorded poster presentation (mp4 file) and a pdf of their poster and attend and present during the poster sessions
· Students are encouraged to participate in the NACRW conference, presentations, and networking opportunities
If you have any questions, please contact Katie Carlos.