The North American Chemical Residue Workshop (NACRW) conducts an annual meeting for scientists particularly interested in trace level analysis of pesticides, veterinary drug residues, and other chemicals in food, animal feed, and environmental samples. The purpose of the meeting is to provide training, develop and improve technical knowledge, facilitate development and distribution of new analysis methods and techniques, and establish networking to promote professional cooperation between scientists of these interests. While the majority of attendees are from North America, important international speakers are always included in the Technical Program, and attendance of scientists from Asia, Europe, South America, Australia, and Africa is increasing annually. The meeting is expected to have approximately 350 to 400 attendees representing government, academia, and industries.
We are pleased to announce that this year we will be offering five student stipends where undergraduate and graduate students can apply and if chosen will receive a $500 stipend for travel to the NACRW 2019 conference.
· Undergraduate or graduate research in the area of analysis of pesticides, veterinary drug residues, chemicals in food, animal feed and environmental samples
· Student must be directly involved in the research
· Submit a 250 words or less abstract describing the work using the submittal form below.
· Abstract submission will open on January 31, 2019 and close on April 22, 2019
· Abstracts will be reviewed and judged by the Student Outreach Committee
· If interested in submitting for an oral presentation, abstract must be submitted through the oral presentation submission on the website in addition to the Student Scholarship submission form.
The Program Committee will make the decision regarding acceptance of the oral presentation and then the Student Outreach Committee will make the decision regarding the scholarship.
· Students chosen for the award will be notified by May 10, 2019
· Students awarded the stipend must participate in the NACRW 2019 conference
· Students awarded the stipend will present their work in a poster during the poster session
· Students are encouraged to participate in the NACRW conference, presentations, social event and networking opportunities
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Katherine Carlos at Katherine.Carlos@fda.hhs.gov.