Tuesday, September 23, 2020
1:00 - 2:00 pm
Microsoft Teams Meeting
by Kevin Kubachka and Eve Kroukamp
(see presentation and meeting report in the DOWNLOADS Section)
· Education and Social Media
· Cannabis Analytical Science Program (CASP) Activities
· Metals Expert Review Panel (ERP) Activities
· Heavy Metals in Colors Working Group
· FDA Method Updates
· Reference Material Update
Meeting Outcomes/Next Steps
· Working with CASP education working group to create generic training content.
· AOAC sub-group co-chairs working closely with the AOAC to get our Linkedin discussion group running. To date we have assisted with reviewing the AOAC Linkedin group rules and once the AOAC group has been established, the subgroup will create their discussion platform
· Please submit methods for metals in cannabis products via the CASP call for method. Kevin Kubachka can help with this.
· Pete Morgan from Florida State University asked for those interested in participating with “Heavy Metals in Colors Working Group” to email him directly.
· Laura Wood from NIST encouraged those interested to register for the upcoming HAWQAP (reference material characterization exercise).
· Zoltan Mester from NRC encouraged those interest in participating in reference material characterization of their proposed materials to contact him directly.
Thanks again for your willingness to help and collaborate,
Kevin Kubachka and Eve Kroukamp
AOAC Metals Sub-group Co-Chair
Metals Subgroup Chairs
Dr. Kevin Kubachka
U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Dr. Eve Kroukamp