The Subgroup deals with topics associated with environmental, adulteration- and packaging-related contaminants. It also considers specific emerging issues which may be of critical safety concern. However, the mycotoxin issues are not managed by the Subgroup ‘Environmental and Emerging Contaminants’ as this field of expertise is under the responsibility of the Mycotoxins Community.
Feel free to submit any topic you would like to the Subgroup
Submit your contact information to the chairman of the Subgroup Unknowns:
Dr. Thierry Delatour, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nestlé Research Centre, Quality and Safety Department,
Vers-chez-les-Blanc, CH – 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland.
■ 1:30 p.m. to 1:40 p.m.
■ 1:40 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Update on MCPD and glycidyl esters – by K. Mastovska
Bisphenol A: First Action method 2017.15 – by K. Mastovska
■ 2:00 p.m. to 2:50 p.m.
Determination of folpet in foodstuffs – by Th. Delatour
Artefact formation of formaldehyde in milk powders – by Th. Delatour
New topics: furan, LC-MS multi-mycotoxins method – by Th. Delatour
■ 2:50 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Wrap-up and closure
1. Get the current needs document completed.
2. Send the documents and an introduction to all the people on the Community list that indicated an interest in pesticides.
3. Ask each member to contribute their "needs".
4. Send everyone one the new "needs" to get each person's interest in each need.
5. Prioritize the needs.
6. Get performance criteria for the first 1-3 priorities.
7. Have call for methods.
8. Expert review of methods against performance criteria.
9. Reach consensus from stakeholders [not sure who these people are yet] on analytical approach/method.
10 develop Single Laboratory Validation (SLV) protocol for each high priority.
11. Ask volunteers to perform SLV.
12. Publish SLV.